The Presidium is composed of six members and chaired by the President of the Storting.
Additional members of the Presidium are the five vice-presidents of the Storting. According to current practice, political parties are represented proportionately in the Storting's Presidium.
The Presidium's responsibilities include:
- determining the Storting's order of business,
- establishing the time limits for the working schedule,
- ensuring that constitutional rules are upheld in all matters, including during committee meetings,
- ascertaining that issues are dealt with in accordance with constitutional rules,
- safeguarding constitutional principles regulating the relationship between the Government and the national assembly.
As far as possible, the Storting's Presidium attempts to avoid taking a stand on purely political issues upon which there are divergent opinions. When such a situation arises, the Presidium generally consults the parties' parliamentary leaders.
The current President and Presidium
The presidium of the Storting consists of the following members:
Questions regarding the Presidium should be directed to Mr Kyrre Grimstad, Acting Secretary General of the Storting and Secretary to the Presidium.
Telephone: +47 23 31 35 59.